Are you and your partner considering IVF treatment to fulfill your dream of having a child? If you’re considering IVF in Varanasi, you might have questions about the expenses involved and whether it’s a suitable option for your fertility needs. This article aims to delve into the cost factors affecting IVF in Varanasi, why it’s an optimal location for cost-effective and superior IVF treatments.
- Our clinic has a team of highly skilled IVF doctors in Varanasi.
- We provide affordable IVF treatment, starting at just Rs. 90,000.
- Our specialists work with you to create a customized plan to achieve your goals.
- With our donor egg IVF program, we have achieved success rates of up to 95%.
- We offer a complimentary initial consultation, so book an appointment today.
- Contact us at +91 8287411159 or email us at [email protected].
How Much Does IVF Cost in Varanasi 2023
Do you want to be parents? But the scientific method scares you off? Well, worry not! It’s common. And we are here to help you.
More than 2.5 million IVF cycles are conducted yearly, whereas, in India, the number of IVF cycles performed annually is only between 200,000 to 250,000.
So, if you are worried about the procedure, comfort your heart because you are not the only one. Thousands have already done it and are happily enjoying a parental life.
And you can be the next one!
In this blog, we will help you know more about IVF, the cost of IVF, and how IVF can help you. So, keep reading.
What is IVF?
IVF, or In Vitro Fertilization, is one of the miracles discovered in human history. IVF (in vitro fertilization) is a fertility treatment where eggs are combined with sperm in a lab outside the human body.
IVF is beneficial for:
IVF can be a lifesaver for all people suffering from the following issues:
- Endometriosis: A medical condition characterized by the growth and attachment of uterine tissues outside the uterus.
- Uterine fibroids: These refer to noncancerous tumors that develop in the muscular wall of the uterus. These growths can potentially hinder the implantation of fertilized eggs.
- Unexplained infertility: It is a condition where the cause of infertility cannot be identified despite a series of medical evaluations and tests.
- Blockage of the fallopian tube: A blockage in the fallopian tube can create obstacles to the fertilization of an egg within the uterus.
- Impaired sperm production: It can result in poor sperm motility or abnormalities in size and shape, hindering fertilization.
Basic steps of IVF
These are the basic steps that are followed in IVF treatment.
First Stage: Super Ovulation or Stimulation
- In this process, a woman frequently undergoes transvaginal ultrasound and blood tests to observe the ovaries and assess hormone levels.
- Medicines or fertility drugs are given to the woman to boost egg production.
- Usually a woman produces one egg a month; these fertility drugs help to produce several.
Second Stage: Egg Retrieval
- The eggs are retrieved from the woman’s body through a minor surgery known as follicular aspiration.
- Follicular aspiration is typically performed in the doctor’s office and involves administering pain-relieving medication to the patient.
During the procedure, a healthcare professional uses ultrasound imaging to direct a thin needle through the vaginal wall and into the ovarian follicles containing the eggs. A suction device attached to the needle is then used to remove the eggs and surrounding fluid from each follicle individually.
- After the eggs are collected from one ovary, the same process is repeated for the other ovary.
- Some mild cramping may occur after the procedure but usually resolves within a day.
In exceptional circumstances where follicular aspiration is unsuccessful, a pelvic laparoscopy may be necessary to retrieve the eggs.
- If a woman cannot produce viable eggs, donated eggs may be considered an alternative option.
Third Stage: Insemination and fertilization
- Insemination: The top-quality eggs are combined with the man’s sperm. During Insemination, the sperm and egg are mixed to facilitate fertilization.
- Following insemination, the eggs, and sperm are kept in a temperature-controlled chamber to ensure optimal conditions for fertilization. The sperm most often enters (fertilizes) an egg within a few hours after insemination.
- In cases where the chances of fertilization are low, the healthcare provider may recommend intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), where the sperm is directly injected into the egg.
- Some fertility programs may perform ICSI on select eggs as a routine practice, even if there are no apparent issues with fertilization.
Fourth Stage: Embryo Culture
- After fertilization, the egg begins to divide and develop into an embryo. Laboratory staff regularly monitor the growth and progression to ensure proper development. Usually, a healthy embryo will reach the multicellular stage within approximately five days, demonstrating active cell division.
- Couples with a high risk of passing a genetic (hereditary) disorder to a child may consider pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). Typically, the procedure is performed 3-5 days after fertilization, where laboratory scientists extract single or multiple cells from each embryo and screen the material for specific genetic disorders.
Fifth Stage: Embryo transfer
- The embryos are transferred into the woman’s womb 3 to 5 days after egg retrieval and fertilization.
- The procedure is conducted in the doctor’s office while the woman is awake.
A thin tube or catheter containing the embryos is inserted through the vagina, cervix, and into the uterus.
- If the embryo successfully attaches and implants in the uterine lining (Lining of the womb), it can result in a successful pregnancy.
- Multiple embryos may be transferred into the uterus simultaneously, potentially leading to twins, triplets, or more. The exact number of embryos transferred is a complex issue that depends on many factors, especially the woman’s age.
- Unused embryos may be frozen and implanted or donated for future implantation.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of IVF Treatment In Varanasi
There are multiple factors that affects the cost of IVF treatment in Varanasi; few of them are:
- Age of couple
- Medical history
- Location of treatment
- Doctor’s expertise
- Donor or cryopreservation options
- Advanced procedures such as ICSI, IMSI, and assisted hatching
Advantages of choosing Varanasi for IVF treatment
Varanasi, a city located in the northern part of India, has become a popular destination for IVF treatment due to several advantages it offers. Here are some compelling reasons why Varanasi is the right choice for your fertility journey:
- Affordable treatment costs:- Compared to many other countries, IVF treatment in Varanasi is more affordable without compromising on the quality of care. The lower cost allows individuals and couples to explore their options without financial constraints.
- Well-established fertility clinics :- Varanasi is home to numerous well-established fertility clinics that have gained recognition for their expertise in reproductive medicine. These clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced technology to provide the highest level of care.
- Experienced medical professionals :- The fertility specialists in Varanasi have extensive experience in treating infertility and have helped numerous couples achieve their dream of parenthood. Their expertise, coupled with a patient-centric approach, ensures personalized care and attention throughout the treatment journey.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure:- The fertility clinics in Varanasi boast state-of-the-art infrastructure, including advanced laboratories, modern operation theaters, and comfortable recovery rooms. This infrastructure contributes to the success rates and overall treatment experience.
- Serene and supportive environment:- Varanasi offers a serene and supportive environment for individuals and couples seeking IVF treatment. The city’s cultural richness and spiritual significance create a calming atmosphere, promoting emotional well-being during the treatment process.
IVF Cost in Varanasi
The cost of IVF in Varanasi varies from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs, depending on factors such as the experience and success rates of the IVF doctor and the location of the IVF clinic.
The cost also includes expenses related to the prescribed injections and medicines by the IVF doctor.
The cost of a single IVF treatment cycle in Varanasi ranges between Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 2 Lakhs, not including expenses related to prescribed medicines and injections.
However, this cost is not fixed and can vary based on various factors. It’s worth noting that many couples have paid over Rs. 3 lakh to undergo IVF treatment and have a test tube baby.
Several factors can influence the cost of your IVF treatment, including your medical history, the duration and type of infertility, and the possibility of requiring additional treatments.
Consequently, your IVF treatment expenses may either increase or decrease accordingly.
Here’s a list of IVF treatment options and their estimated costs in Delhi according to Right Choice Fertility Centre:
|IVF Treatment Options||Cost Range (in INR)|
|Basic IVF treatment||90,000 – 2,50,000|
|IVF with ICSI||1,90,000 – 3,40,000|
|IVF with FET||1,50,000 – 3,00,000|
|IVF with PESA, TESA & TESE||2,40,000 – 5,00,000|
|IVF with Donor egg||1,70,000 – 3,40,000|
|IVF with Donor Sperm||90,000 – 2,40,000|
|IVF with Embryo Donation||40,000 – 2,40,000|
|IVF with surrogacy||3,50,000 – 5,50,000|
|IVF with PGS/PGD||1,40,000 – 2,50,000|
Please note that these are estimated costs and are subject to change based on individual cases and requirements. It is always recommended to consult with a fertility specialist for accurate and personalized cost estimates.
The Bottom Line
Among the multiple other treatments for fertility, IVF offers hope to thousands of couples struggling with infertility, but the financial cost is stopping them.
One can proceed with IVF in small cities like Varanasi, as the cost of IVF in Varanasi is relatively lower than in the other big cities of India.
We have tried to cover all the essential aspects of IVF treatment and the cost of IVF in Varanasi that will help you make a final decision.
1. What is the biggest problem in IVF?
IVF increases the risk of multiple births if more than one embryo is transferred to your uterus.
2. What are the benefits of IVF?
IVF works where other infertility treatments fail.
– Anybody can use it.
– You can use donated eggs and/or sperm.
– You have control over the timing
– Decrease your chances of miscarriage.
– Increase your chances of conception.